Show up to that Fourth of July cookout with this delicious pie you didn't even have to work up a sweat over.
1 cup sugar
1.25 cups water
2 tablespoons cornstarch
0.25 cup strawberry gelatin powder (recommend Jello)
4 cups fresh strawberries, halved
1 9-inch baked pie crust
sweetened whipped cream (optional)
- Bring sugar, water and cornstarch to a boil over medium heat.
- Cook stirring constantly for 1 minute or until thickened.
- Stir in strawberry gelatin until dissolved.
- Remove from heat; chill 2 hours.
- Arrange strawberries in pastry shell and pour gelatin mixture over.
- Cover and chill 2-4 hours.
- Serve pie with whipped cream if desired.